Saturday, September 6, 2008

HOW,WHY, WHEN, WHO,WHERE?

“WH” questions !!! We had many of those hurled at us when we first opened the restaurant. Truth is, I don’t think it’ll ever stop. But to put ease to that curious mind of yours…. we are going to address a few of those here.

WHY??
Why did we open the Restaurant?

The obvious would be to earn loads of money and become so disgustingly rich and then be able to go travel around the world and not have your boss call you on roaming… asking you what’s the status on Project X or where’s that file you were supposed to have passed to him/her last week (before you went on your vacation)!!

More importantly, we were living our dream. Building, owning and managing our very own restaurant.

WHERE??
Where is this restaurant that everyone is talking about?

It’s in Taman Connaught Cheras. It used to be in a nook within the area where Giant, Cheras was located.

Now its at Jalan Menara Gading 1, the same row as University College Sedaya International (that’s still at Taman Connaught, Cheras).

WHEN??
When is it opening?

We opened on 16 June 2007. It was a Saturday. A day neither Prakash nor me would ever forget. Memorable in every possible way.

WHO??
Who’s Idea was this ?

OURS ! Prakash and mine.

When I was younger (I’m still young!!), when I was about 4 to 5 years old, I, like most kids my age had a “masak-masak” set that was the pride and joy of my life. Though cooking invisible food was fun, what enthralled me was managing my own food outlet. I would imagine there were tables and chairs with customers and I would take orders. (Funny though, I wrote all the orders in Chinese). Little did I know that one day… 20 odd years later, this would be a reality (minus the orders written in Chinese).

I had a dream from a very young age and when I met Prakash, he shared my passion for the business and food. So a few months later… we started to work on building our dream. Our baby… “ The Indian Hero”

HOW??
How in the world did you guys manage to put this together?

Simple.

“The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Running a Restaurant"

Clueless we were about the business. Mistakes we did make. But we pulled through with the support of our family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeaaaa family support all the wayyyyyy......